Tuesday 13 May 2008

Full steam ahead with the pinecone!



All work on the Coat of Arms has ground to a halt this past few days as the need to get the pinecone finished for installation at the Chelsea Flower Show has taken precedence. The deadline was so close that I had to down tools and go to the Forge and assist in the lost wax casting
process.

It was great to see the molten lead
poured and then see the cast lead pinecone emerge from the the mould as I chiselled it out from the investment.

The finished result was amazing and
I'm sure that it will be well received at The show. Keep an eye out for it in the t.v coverage of the event, or if you are lucky enough to go to the show personally, see if you can find it. It will be part of a stunning and prize winning (fingers crossed) garden.

1 comment:

dive said...

Woohoo!
Hey, H. I didn't even know you'd started a blog!
I just found a link here from Peahen's site.

Fantastic stuff!
I got here too late to look out for the pinecone at Chelsea though.
Doh!