Friday 2 October 2009

Can you tell what it is yet?

Asked last week to create a Meercat sculpture- little did I know what a popular little beasty they have become. Not being a slave to the goggle box I was unaware of the popularity of the 'Meercat Diaries' and more recently 'Compare the Meercat' adverts. Since starting this piece however I have heard every silly accent and more detail than necessary regarding what now must be the nations favourite creature.

So- not at all 'jumping on the band wagon' and to encourage Martin to 'have a go'- here is my 'Meercat Diary'!

Its a measure of its popularity that as soon as I got this far with the Meercat sculpture every visitor to the workshop was having a go at the Meercat accent.

Hes progressing well though,in fact, I'm really enjoying it. In fact, I think I can feel a family of them coming on....

2 comments:

dive said...

Woah! That's awesome, Helly.
I had no idea about the telly meercats either. You mean there's an ACCENT? Sheesh!
Great sculpture (though I'd expect nothing less).

Alifan said...

Oh Helly. great ....Dive has just given me your link to here. you know how much I admire your work, but I love the meercat, well done.. and sad to say I have ssen all the adverts.....
Hope you are keeping well.....